More dates coming soon.
This course is intended for educators who have limited knowledge of PAT. The course describes scale scores and band reports. It analyses group and bands reports to make inferences about group and individual strengths and weaknesses. It identifies the next steps in a learning progression, and offers practical teaching strategies.
Recommended prior learning:
- Gathering evidence and establishing where your students are in their learning
- Monitoring students' progression through PAT growth measures
Intended learning outcomes:
- Describe scale scores and band reports
- Identify next steps in a learning progression
- Analyse bands and group reports to make inferences about group and individual strengths and weaknesses and identify teaching strategies
- Apply knowledge and skills to classroom practice
AITSL Professional Standards for teachers:
This course focuses on Professional Standard 5.4 Interpret student data, at the Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher levels.
Course in detail:
This course is delivered in online mode and consists of one module and one learning assurance task (analyse PAT reports to inform next steps in planning and classroom practice). The course explains how to analyse PAT data to identify gaps in student learning and set appropriate learning targets in a differentiated student cohort.
This course has a dedicated facilitator to support participants. Participants can also ask specific questions to PAT subject matter experts. Participants can log on to access the course at their own convenience, and can engage in asynchronous discussions about the content.
Time and duration: 3 hours of online coursework, 4 hours of practical application of course content over approximately 4 weeks.
Resources: All resources are included in the course