More dates coming soon.
This session will outline the key features of ACER’s new assessment: PAT STEM. It includes discussion of how schools can use PAT STEM to assess students’ science, technology, engineering, and mathematics understandings.
The session explains how and why the new assessment was developed, and explains how teachers can read and analyse their students’ PAT STEM reports.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will be able to:
- understand how and why the new assessment was developed
- identify key features in PAT STEM
- make judgements about students’ science, technology, engineering, and mathematics understandings based on the data provided by PAT STEM.
- Teachers and school staff members responsible for administering or reporting on students’ PAT STEM assessments.
- Teachers and school staff members considering using PAT STEM.
No prior PAT professional learning is required. Experience using the OARS platform is beneficial.