ACER India is a not-for-profit research organisation registered as the Australian Council for Educational Research (India). It is wholly owned by ACER Limited and operates as a member of the ACER group of companies.
ACER India undertakes commissioned educational research, professional development and capacity building programs for a range of clients in India and the South Asia region.
ACER India develops and delivers products and services to a wide range of education stakeholders to improve learning across the lifespan. It works closely with governments and universities in South Asia, international aid agencies and not-for profit organisations such as the World Bank, the United Nations Children’s Fund and the British Council. ACER India has successfully delivered projects in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
The team at ACER India is highly experienced in the development and delivery of large-scale assessments and education research projects. ACER India staff have world-class skills and knowledge, and are experienced in working with clients around the globe.
- Evaluation of the impact of early grade reading intervention projects.
- Intensive support and capacity development for Madhya Pradesh state learning assessment of students in Classes 3, 5 and 8.
- Evaluation of English medium instruction across government primary schools in Pakistan.
- Workshops in six countries on enhancing higher education data collection.
- Capacity development and technical support on implementation of national learning assessments in Sri Lanka.
- Development of curriculum material on assessment for Maldives National University Masters of Teaching course.
- Development of English, Hindi, mathematics and science assessment materials for Grades 3 to 10.
- Providing technical assistance to the Monitoring and Evaluation Wing of the Bangladesh Ministry of Education for their Learning Assessment of Secondary Institutions, to help assess students in English, Bangla and maths for Grades 6, 8, and 10. ACER India is helping to build capacity in large-scale assessments, assessment framework, test item development, sampling, piloting and test administration.
- Strengthening the ability of Education Review Office staff in data management, key statistical concepts and psychometric test theories to support analysis of data from the National Assessment of Student Achievement in Nepal.
Products and services:
- Development of training programs in assessment
- Standalone workshops
- Design and development of new assessment materials
- Review of curriculum and learning outcomes
- Review of assessment data and advice on improving teaching practice
- Advice on using assessments to inform policy decisions
- Technical support throughout an assessment cycle
- Analysis and reporting of assessment data
- Assessment products
- Professional learning and teacher capacity building
Read more about assessments and other products available from ACER India: